At the Wire 2008 exhibition in Düsseldorf taking place from March 31st until April 4th, 2008 data M will present the revised version of the Finite Element Simulation solution for the wire rolling process.
COPRA® FEA WR
As a further highlight data M wants to present the Roll scanner for the measuring of manufactured rolls or sections, and the variance comparison of the roll design.
Model with driven stations:
The software supports the effective design of wire rolling tools and the finite element simulation of the complete wire rolling process.
Revised have been the last and nearly the most important point in the process chain, the verification of the design. Up to now, the simulation model was created with all rolls got the same values. This means, that all axes have the same rotation speed, and for all rolls the friction value is the same between the wire and the tool.
In reality it is possible that there can be different velocities for the stations, or even idler Stations. Because of that the user has the possibility to put in the values for friction and speed in a Dialog for each roll or axis.
• Comfortable input of the machine’s speed settings: driven / non-driven axis, rotational speed for driven axis, gear ratio, frictional behaviour, etc.
• Investigation of the elongation of the wire during forming and calibration e.g. due to step up of roll diameter
• Investigate difference in behaviour between driven top and bottom roll or bottom roll driven only
• Shows the pulling and or braking behaviour of driven stations. The simulation will show if the profile will “get stuck”
• Defects caused by e.g. different positions of the drive diameter will be made visible
• Check the braking behaviour of non-driven stations
• Investigate the line speed as a function of the rotational speed and friction settings of the machine
• Investigate the rotational speed of the non-driven axis
• Investigate the driving torque of the driven axis
Display of forming forces:
Comfortable investigation of distribution of pressure in driven or idler stations by the use of representing the contact pressure by arrows. Size, colour and direction of the arrow give information about roll pressure over the circumference of the wire.
For COPRA® FEA WR two options for parallel processing are available. One is a parallel_2 license allowing calculating one job on 2 processors. This reduces calculation time by up to 40%. The second option is a parallel_4 license reducing the calculation time by up to 65%.
Download of text and pictures at:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.