Optimizing the Cost of Ownership of a Full Length Pipe Expander
Over the years Fontijne Grotnes has developed into a specialist in the design and construction of Pipe End and Full Length Pipe Expanders for the pipe industry. The Expander guarantees a constant, reproducible process regarding diameter and mechanical properties. Fontijne Grotnes is constantly improving the Full Length Pipe Expander for new market demands, like higher outputs, thicker wall thickness’, higher material grades up to X120, stricter ovality and straightness tolerances.
Improved Straightening System
Recently Fontijne Grotnes has improved its Straightening System to respond to new market demands and developed a latest design, which is more maintenance friendly. The Straightening System is a development of Fontijne Grotnes, which is especially designed for small pipes ranging from 16”-30”. This system controls the straightness of the pipes in all directions within ½ -API- and DNV-standards.
The new design consists of more user-friendly and economical features but maintains the same functionality compared with the existing design. Advantages of the new Straightener are:
• The straightener system is actuated by electric motors. All hydraulics have been removed from the system resulting in a low energy consumption
• Considerable weight reduction of the tunnel
• Two beams in combination with lower support rolls guarantees good enclosure of the pipe
• Design is interchangeable with existing Full Length Pipe Expanders
Optimizing Cost of Ownership
Because of increasing global competition and economic pressures, LSAW manufacturers are constantly dealing with cost challenges during the manufacturing process. Therefore an analysis of the total cost of ownership, of the manufacturing process, became an important aspect in the purchasing process of new equipment.
Advantages of the Fontijne Grotnes Full Length Pipe Expander relating cost of ownership are savings regarding lubricants and oil during the expanding process, but also energy savings!:
• The consumption of Expander Oil is kept to a minimum, by using an optimized expander head lubrication system in combination with a sophisticated head design. The system only uses 0.5 – 1.5 liter per (12 meter) pipe; the lowest oil consumption in the market! This results in saving more than 125,000 liter per year compared to competitive processes at a production rate of 500,000 t/yr.
• The expander head is well protected against dirt by seal arrangement. Washing of the expander head after each cycle is not required
This year Fontijne Grotnes will be present at the Tube Dusseldorf again. During this exhibition Fontijne Grotnes will promote its new developments and focus on the optimization of the total cost of ownership. You can find us in Hall 6, booth A09!
Please visit our website for more information about our products and related services. www.fontijnegrotnes.com